Friday, September 16, 2011

Mr and Mrs Mustache go to Alaska

We were in Anchorage for the first couple of days.

We saw the largest chocolate fountain in the world.  There were no Oompa Loompa's.  

There was a huge market that had all kinds of stuff to offer.  Check out the size of that squash!

We had to stop of this garage sale because, really, who could pass up this sign?  But just to satisfy curiosity, it was not that exciting.  

We did some hiking and saw some beautiful scenery.

Just gorgeous!

Anchorage, as seen from the top of our hike.

We had some good food, really good seafood.  That is an onion loaf.  I had never seen one before.  It was yummy!

 We took cheesy photographs of ourselves when we stopped to look at the sights.

There was no one else there though and we had to have a picture in front of this!

We looked for whales but never saw any.

We stopped and looked at some glaciers.  The water was a blue that I had never seen before.

We panned for gold and found a little bit.

We stayed several nights in a beautiful bed and breakfast in Girdwood.  This was our view.  Not too shabby.

We didn't see any bears out in the wild.  I really wanted to but it seemed like every where we went there had just been sightings or there were some after we left!  This guy was behind a fence at the Wild Life Preserve and I used my zoom.

There were two of them and it was so fun to watch them play. 


We got to ride this gondola from Aleyeska Resort to the top of Aleyeska mountain.  It was a little scary.

There was a restaurant and glaciers at the top.  It was cold!

We had to eat outside, so we ate fast!

Since Troy was conferencing I spent some of my days just hanging out.  Reading, writing, looking around.  This was my view from where I "camped" out one day.

This spot was always crowded with fishermen but on this day, there were only a few.  I could learn to like fishing if this were my surroundings.



It was fun to get away and have some time to ourselves but we really missed our boys.  We are so thankful that we had help from our parents in taking care of them.  It's hard living so far from our family but I am glad that we got to spend some quality time with them this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep your mustaches neat and trimmed and your comments tasteful and respectful!